If you’ve ever lost something in the water and wanted to go find it, then the PADI Search and Recovery Diver Specialty course is for you. Maybe a friend needs help to retrieve something and you are the diver to do it. Maybe you find a perfectly good anchor or want to bring up some debris. There are effective ways to search for objects underwater that increase your chances of success. And there are good and better methods to bring up small, large or just awkward items. Search and recovery can be challenging, but a whole lot of fun. Learn effective swimming patterns and using a lift bag for heavy objects. Because it happens: People accidentally drop things from docks, off boats or even while scuba diving. Let the experienced instructors of Cozumel Dive Academy show you how!
Gathering information and resources, then carefully planning a search are the first important steps you learn. During four scuba dives you’ll practice:
- Swimming search patterns using your compass and natural navigation.
- Locating large and small objects using various search patterns.
- Using a lift bag for large or heavy objects, plus other recovery methods.
- Planning a search operation based on facts gathered about a lost object prior to the dive.
The first dive of this PADI Specialty Diver course may credit as an Adventure Dive toward your Advanced Open Water Diver certification – ask your instructor at Cozumel Dive Academy about earning credit.
Our price includes: ·
- Academic Material – PADI Search & Recovery Manual
- Four Shore Dives
- Rental Gear as needed
- DAN's Online Prepared Diver Course
PADI (Junior) Advanced Open Water Divers who are at least 12 years old can enroll in the Search and Recover Diver course. PADI (Junior) Open Water Divers with a PADI Underwater Navigator certification also qualify.